We get asked many questions. Below are a few comments you may find useful.
Should your query not be answered below please do not hesitate to Contact Us – we will be happy to help.
WHO WILL WE CARRY AS A PASSENGER?
- We are happy to carry anyone who is 4 or older at any time we consider it safe to operate. On rough and / or cold days we sometimes raise the age limit on the grounds of safety. Experience has shown this to be a sensible consideration.
- Our age limit for Whirlpool Specials is 8 years old.
- Under 4’s are carried at the skipper’s discretion depending on weather and sea conditions. On a flat, calm, sunny day the youngsters enjoy the whole wildlife experience.
- People with disabilities must have independent sitting balance. We are happy to assist with boarding. Our team includes an occupational therapist. They are more than happy to offer advice.
- We are happy to carry persons in wheelchairs but again the weather must be calm and we will require advanced notice. This will allow us to ensure the boat available has the relevant seats removed and we are ready to strap the wheelchair in position once boarded. This takes us time which we will make available at no extra cost.
- People who suffer from chronic back complaints or who are pregnant are advised that these trips are unsuitable.
- We request you inform us of any potential problems at the time of booking.
- Please click here to view our Accessibility Guide.
DO YOU OFFER FAMILY PRICES?
Yes, we offer small discounts for families – these discounts are available whether you book online or by telephone. We class a child as someone aged 15 and under.
DO YOU DRIVE YOUR BOATS VERY FAST?
The RIBs we use are similar to those used by the Rescue Services and are extremely seaworthy. Our high speed boats have the capability to transport you swiftly and safely to the next stop on your tour with minimum travel time. We are wildlife tour operators. We respect the environment in which we work. We do not operate our boat as a thrill ride. Our cruise speed is considerably less than the maximum speed of the vessel. Our skippers are all well experienced.