Covid-19 and our Safe re-opening
Seafari Adventures post Covid-19 re-opening measures:
By confirming that you accept the terms and conditions of booking you are also accepting and agreeing to following our Covid-19 procedures – If any of our customers start to feel unwell with Covid-19 symptoms we ask you not to leave your accommodation to join us.
THE BOOKING PROCESS
Whenever possible we will encourage our customers to pay in advance, either via our online booking system or over the telephone. If this is not possible, we have a card machine in our ticket office. Payment by cash is still accepted if necessary.
We ask that you park your vehicle in the public car park which is clearly sign posted from the harbour square. When you arrive in the harbour square turn right, following the “Free Car Park” signs, you have to drive down a single lane in front of a row of houses and the public car park is at the end of the lane when you turn right. Please trust the signs – it is not a dead end !
Please do not park by the jetty – that area is reserved for residents of Easdale Island. Please try to park away from other vehicles and maintain social distancing measures.
MEASURES WE ARE TAKING TO KEEP OUR TEAM AND CUSTOMERS SAFE
- In our Ticket Office we have fully sanitised all surfaces prior to re-opening and have created an ongoing cleaning / sanitising routine checklist.
- We will keep the Ticket Office door open if the temperature is comfortable.
- We will use sanitising wipes on the door handle on a regular basis.
- Hand sanistiser is available at the entrance and at the counter.
- A Perspex screen has been installed over the counter.
- The credit card machine will be sanitised after each use.
- If you have already paid you will not have to enter the ticket office.
- We will be restricting access to the ticket office of 2 people maximum.
- Our external kit up trailer has been positioned in the best possible place to reduce any casual “mingling” with members of the public.
- Our crew member will welcome you at the government guideline safe distance measure and direct you to your “kit up zone” which will be separate from any other group who may be kitting up at the same time.
- Each group will have an allocated box in which you will find your lifejackets. The lifejackets will have been sanitised as advised by the lifejacketassociation.org.
- The crew member will demonstrate for you how to put on your lifejacket and how to check it is correctly fitted – at a distance.
- During the boarding process we will ensure each group (if more than one group) is kept at the government guideline safe distance measure. We will allocate you your seats before boarding and each group will be seated to ensure safe distance guidelines are followed.
- The skipper will have cleaned / sanitised all relevant areas of the boat prior to bringing the boat alongside.
- The skipper will explain the boarding process – the skipper will be there to assist if needed and during this time the skipper will be wearing a mask.
**Remember it is not possible to carry out or guarantee complete disinfection, the goal is to minimize risk**
MEASURES WE ASK YOU TO ADHERE TO
To ensure we protect our local community, our team and you, our customers, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following procedures when you join us here :
- Seil and Easdale are stunning areas to visit but please remember that many of its residents are potentially vulnerable so we ask that our customers ensure they follow the government’s social distancing rules whilst here and also please be aware that many residents are out walking their dogs or cycling on the single track road so we respectfully ask that due care is taken in regards to driving speed.
- We ask that you park your vehicle in the public car park which is clearly sign posted from the harbour square. When you arrive in the harbour square turn right, following the “Free Car Park” signs, you have to drive down a single lane in front of a row of houses and the public car park is at the end of the lane when you turn right. Please trust the signs – it is not a dead end! Please do not park by the jetty – that area is reserved for residents of Easdale Island. Please try to park away from other vehicles and maintain social distancing measures.
- We ask that just one member of your party enters the ticket office to collect your ticket – if you have already paid we may meet you in the village square with your ticket.
- We ask that you ensure you are wearing enough layers to be out on the open RIB, we may be able to provide waterproofs if necessary (quarantined for no less than 72 hours since last use) however we cannot guarantee stock levels . Our standard guidance is to wear what you think you need and add another layer. It is always a lot colder out on the water than it is on land. You can always take something off if you get too hot. Consider bringing gloves and a hat if you are susceptible to cold.
- If you have your own binoculars and are happy to take them on board please bring them with you. We are able to provide binoculars if necessary however due to stock levels and sanitisation and turnaround times this may not always be possible.
- We ask that all our passengers wear a face mask from the start of the embarkation process, throughout the tour and during the disembarkation process. (This does not include those who are exempt).
- We ask that all our customers sanitise their hands as directed by the shore team. Upon arrival at the kit up area, prior to boarding and immediately upon disembarking. We will supply the hand sanitiser.
- Once the tour is over and you have disembarked we ask that you return to the kitting up trailer, your “kit box” will be waiting for you – we ask that all lifejackets are returned to your box so they can be cleaned, sanitised and stored following the guidelines from lifejacketassociation.org
We will send an email after your tour to ask for any comments or improvements you feel we should make and also to check that your group members continue to feel well.