We get asked many questions. Below are a few comments you may find useful.
Should your query not be answered below please do not hesitate to Contact Us - we will be happy to help.
Our guidance includes;
WHO WILL WE CARRY AS A PASSENGER?
- We are happy to carry anyone who is 4 or older at any time we consider it safe to operate. On rough days we sometimes raise the age limit on the grounds of safety. Experience has shown this to be a sensible consideration.
- Our age limit for Whirlpool Specials is 8 years old.
- Under 4's are carried at the skipper's discretion depending on weather and sea conditions. On a flat, calm, sunny day the youngsters enjoy the whole wildlife experience.
- People with disabilities must have independent sitting balance. We are happy to assist with boarding. Our team includes an occupational therapist and someone who worked with the Jubilee Sailing Trust. They are more than happy to offer advice.
- We are happy to carry persons in wheelchairs but again the weather must be calm and we will require advanced notice. This will allow us to ensure the boat available has the relevant seats removed and we are ready to strap the wheelchair in position once boarded. This takes us time which we will make available at no extra cost.
- People who suffer from chronic back complaints or who are pregnant are advised that these trips are unsuitable.
- We request you inform us of any potential problems at the time of booking.
DO YOU OFFER FAMILY PRICES ?
Yes, we offer small discounts for families - these discounts are available whether you book online or by telephone. We class a child as someone aged 15 and under.
DO YOU DRIVE YOUR BOATS VERY FAST?
The RIBs we use are similar to those used by the Rescue Services and are extremely seaworthy. Our high speed boats have the capability to transport you swiftly and safely to the next stop on your tour with minimum travel time. We are wildlife tour operators. We respect the environment in which we work. We do not operate our boat as a thrill ride. Our cruise speed is considerably less than the maximum speed of the vessel. Our skippers are all well experienced.
CAN I TAKE MY DOG ON BOARD WITH ME ?
We do not normally allow dogs on board however we are happy to look after well behaved dogs in our ticket office whist you are out on a boat - we do ask that you give us notice that you would like to leave a dog with us.
We occasionally allow dogs on our day trip to Iona & Staffa however we do have to check that all the other passengers are ok with a dog on board.
We can allow dogs on our private charters.
HOW FREQUENT ARE YOUR TOUR DEPARTURES?
Providing we have sufficient passengers for a tour our policy is we will run the tour except if we consider it not safe to do so. Our Corryvreckan boat trips, whale watching and Iona Day tours are well received and popular. As a general interest marine wildlife tour the Corryvreckan Wildlife Tour is the family favourite. During the high season with 3 boats operating this 2 hour tour you can expect a boat to be departing Easdale every hour from 1000 or earlier to 1700 or later. Our aim is to provide concise and accurate wildlife information whether you are a general holidaymaker or have come to the area specifically for birdwatching in Argyll.
Our whale watching tours are seasonal from around the end of May to early September and we can operate these tours up to 3 times per day.
Iona, Staffa & Puffins is a day tour which departs 0945 normally every Wednesday. We are happy to accommodate customers and provide additional tours subject to demand.
It is always advisable to book ahead. Use our online booking or telephone our dedicated ticket office on 01852 300003
CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE INTERNATIONAL VISITORS WITH LIMITED ENGLISH?
International visitors are very welcome. We have some foreign language skills. Should you charter the whole boat we will attempt to find someone who can crew in your native tongue. For individuals, families and smaller groups we offer translations cards of the tour.
WILL YOU GUARANTEE WE WILL SEE WHALES ON YOUR WHALE WATCHING TOUR?
Whale watching in Oban is seasonal and generally mid May to early September. Please also appreciate we cannot guarantee sightings of any species on any specific trip. Whales, dolphins, porpoise sharks are wild animals and do not stick to a script. Our attempts to find whales and other species will be genuine. We are happy to be questioned as to when we last saw whales. We will always give an honest answer.
Are there dolphins in Argyll? There is a pod of bottlenose dolphins which regularly pass through our area however their home range is in the region of 100 miles. If we have seen them our skippers are happy to make detours to enjoy these wonderful creatures.
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
Full refunds are offered provided you contact us at least a full 24hrs before departure. We will also fully refund if a voyage is cancelled by us. Our boats sail if the skipper considers it safe to do so. It is his decision, he is responsible for your safety at sea. Wind is the main reason for Seafari to cancel a tour. We do not cancel for rain.
How do I book ?
You can book online via our website.
Alternatively if you contact us by telephone on 01852 300003 we will be happy to take your booking over the phone.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use this contact form - please include a telephone number so we can call you.
When we take your booking over the telephone we will need the following information :
- The name of the lead person in the group.
- A mobile telephone number.
- An email address.
- Some payment details - either a credit or debit card. You can choose to pay when you arrive with us, however we will still need to take cards details in order for us to confirm your reservation.